Why Do I Need IASME Counter Fraud Fundamentals Certification?
A review uncovered that one fifth of organisations experienced attempted fraud every month. This comes in many forms, including; phishing, ransomware, hacking, social engineering and many more! A counter fraud certification is a major step in protecting your organisation against costly threats.
The IASME Counter Fraud Fundamentals scheme certifies organisations against controls, developed by a team of counter fraud experts. They cover the basic counter fraud controls for organisations of all sizes. The process of certification will help prepare and protect a wide range of organisations, from the up and coming challenger banks, innovative fintech companies and insurance and the retail sector, to name but a few.
Fraud can occur in any area of any organisation. The fraud triangle outlines the three requirements needed for an individual or organisation to commit such an offence. Opportunity, Motivation and Rationalisation.
- Opportunity – Access to finance or data
- Motivation – Debt, greed etc
- Rationalisation – This is harmless, i deserve this etc
A counter fraud methodology builds upon the seven counter fraud fundamentals which are:
The self-assessment questionnaire will take you through each of these areas.
The certification process will also:
- Highlight your counter-fraud responsibilities
- Improve counter-fraud policies
- Educate employees
- Set appropriate counter-fraud objectives
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations
- Gain an independent assessment of the strength of your organisation’s counter-fraud capability as compared to best practice.
How can certification benefit your organisation? – It provides a baseline for counter fraud management. Helps demonstrate compliance with the latest counter fraud standards and regulations. Assists with improving counter fraud competencies within your organisation. If you believe it is time for your organisation to manage fraud risks effectively then contact Net-Defence and we can guide you through this process and more. Learn more.