The Scottish Government has announced [November 2018] a new digital voucher fund of £500,000 to support small and medium-sized Scottish businesses and third sector organisations to achieve the NCSC-endorsed Cyber Essentials or Cyber Essentials Plus certificate. Organisations can secure £1,000 towards accreditation costs.
Net Defence is a Trusted Partner of the Scottish Business Resilience Centre (SBRC), approved by Police Scotland working in partnership with the government to help tackle the growing levels of cyber threat.
Significantly, the Scottish Government announced that:
- They would make £500,000 available under the National Cyber Security Programme for a voucher scheme.
- There is a limited number of vouchers available with applications only being accepted from Scottish registered SMEs and charities.
- Funding is only available for organisations that Pass, and will be supported by £1000 from the Scottish Government.
About Cyber Essentials
Cyber Essentials is a UK government information assurance scheme operated by the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) that encourages organisations to adopt good practice in information security. It includes an assurance framework and a simple set of security controls to protect information from threats coming from the internet. It can help reduce risk, positively impact your insurance premiums and improve success rates for winning new work. Successfully achieving Cyber Essentials enables the organisation to display the Cyber Essentials logo on marketing material demonstrating accreditation standard.
Scotland based small and medium-sized private sector organisations can apply via a portal on the Scottish Enterprise website here.
Third sector organisations can apply via a portal on the Scottish Council Voluntary Organisations (SCVO) website here.
How does the Digital Voucher Scheme process work?
- You need to register your interest directly to Scottish Enterprise via the website indicating your preferred Cyber Essentials delivery organisation. You can select Net-Defence as we are a listed Trusted Partner of the SBRC.
- Upon receipt of your application form the selected supplier will help you complete the application. A dedicated member of the Net-Defence Team will be allocated to assist you with this upon request.
- Subject to being approved for eligibility, you can then engage your supplier and complete the work.
- Once certification is achieved, you must submit evidence of completion and payment to Scottish Enterprise.
- Scottish Enterprise then reimburses you directly.
- Do note that funding is only available for organisations that achieve certification.
- Scottish Enterprise anticipates that it will only take 1 week from enquiry to confirmation of approval or decline.
- Public sector organisations and sole traders are not eligible. .
- You must be new to CE. No renewals.
Net-Defence is here to help. Contact us a call today and we can arrange for one of our team to help you navigate your application.